Just before your New Year’s Eve festivities, may we suggest gathering these ingredients for the morning after hangover detox smoothie. Probiotics from yogurt help balance the digestive system, coconut oil brings glucose levels back to normal, banana soothes the stomach, coconut water hydrates and frozen spinach aids in the detox process. And may we add that those greens also help your eye health!
Smoothies are a great source of EYE FOOD and they can be a great morning kick for your eyes. Start the 2015 right and get into the habit of feeding your eyes! Take a look at these yummy treats from WebEcoist:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, to help brain function and balance glucose levels
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, probiotics help to bring back digestive balance
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, also excellent for digestive balance
- 1 small banana, for potassium and to help soothe your stomach
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach or kale, to aid in detox and alkalinity
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, powerful antioxidants to help the system reverse yesterday’s damage
- 1 cup coconut water, to hydrate and restore electrolytes
- Honey and cinnamon to taste, excellent mood elevators
- 2-3 ice cubes
Mix ingredients together in a blender and serve.
Blueberries are some of the most nutrient-rich foods on the planet, brimming with cell-repairing antioxidants. Mixed with bananas and spinach, they make for an ideal pick-me-up smoothie.
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Yield 2 servings
Make-ahead freezer friendly smoothies that are healthy, nutritious and so refreshing for your mornings!
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or more, to taste
- Combine spinach, blueberries, raspberries, banana, milk, oats, sugar and 1 cup ice in blender until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
For more smoothie recipes, click here.