Good candidates for the Visian ICL include patients who:
- Are between the ages of 21 and 45.
- Are nearsighted, including those with mild, moderate, and severe myopia (as low as -3D to as high as -20D prescription) with minor or no occurrence of astigmatism (2.5D or less).
- Have sufficient anterior chamber depth and acceptable endothelial cell density (this will be determined by an ophthalmologist after a comprehensive eye exam).
- Have not had a change in their eyeglass prescription of more than 0.5D in a year.
- Are not currently pregnant.
- Have no other contraindications including no known allergies to medications used during refractive surgery.
- Have dry eyes, severe myopia, or a thin cornea (non-LASIK candidate).
- For a full description please read our Safety Information
If you have additional questions about your Visian ICL candidacy, please contact a Visian ICL surgeon near you.