Not only does your body need exercise but your eyes do too! Check out these 5 easy eye exercises that have been known to improve vision and help relax your eyes:
Blinking is a simple way to keep your eyes fresh and helps them to focus longer. Computer users and television watchers tend to blink less, especially when they are intently focused on something. Whenever you blink, your eyes are going into a brief period of darkness which helps to keep your eyes fresh and discharges previous information to make them ready for new information, which reduces eye strain.
This exercise helps relieve stress around the eyes and gives your eyes a much needed break.
How to Palm:
1. Make yourself comfortable while leaning forward on a desk or with your elbows resting on your knees.
2. Place your two hands over your eyes with the cup of your palm covering your eyes, your fingers on your forehead and the heel of your hand will rest on your cheekbone. Make sure you can blink freely and are not putting too much pressure on your eyes.
Palming gives you the opportunity to rest your mind and your eyes for a few minutes at a time. It may not sound like much of an exercise but it can make a big difference in your working day if you stop for a few minutes and do this exercise.
3. The Figure Eight
This a great exercise for your eye muscles.
How to practice "The Figure Eight":
1. Imagine a giant figure of eight (8) in front of you about 10 feet in front of you.
2. Now turn the figure eight on it’s side.
3. Trace the figure of eight with your eyes, slowly.
4. Do it one way for a few minutes and then do it the other way for a few minutes.
This exercise helps you increase your eyes flexibility.
4. Near and Far Focusing
This exercise will strengthen the muscles in your eyes over time and improve your vision overall.
How to practice "Near and Far Focusing":
Sitting or standing, place your thumb about 10 inches in front of you and focus on it.
Now focus on something else about 10–20 feet in front of you.
Take deep breaths between focusing on your thumb and the object 10-20 feet away from you.
This exercise is a very effective eye focusing exercise, in which you have to constantly adjust the length of your focus. This helps strengthen your eye muscles as well.
How to practice "Zooming":
Sit in a comfortable position
Stretch out your arm with your thumb in the hitchhiking position.
Focus on your thumb as your arm is outstretched.
Now bring your thumb closer to you, focusing until your thumb is about 3 inches in front of your face.
Now move your thumb away again until your arm is fully outstretched.
Do this for a few minutes at a time throughout the day.
For more eye exercises visit: http://www.wikihow.com/Exercise-Your-Eyes